FAQ - Domain Registration
For 3rd levels, such as .COM.AL, what documents/information (if any) do you require from the registrant?
- Company ID addition field is mandatory.
- .com.al requires as additional documents company registration certificate. Only Public Limited Company or Trading Person can have legal status.
- .org.al requires as additional document the license that company ID be provided. Only Public Limited Company can have legal status.
- .edu.al requires as additional document the license from the Ministry of Education in Albania. Only Public Limited Company or Public Entity/Organisation can have legal status.
- In some cases the Registry (AKEP) can ask for ID card. This is mostly in cases when the domain is a trademark.
For .AL which does not require trustee, what documents/information do you require from the registrant?
- Company ID -> This is optional for .al domain but mandatory 3rd level domains
- Document Type -> Can be any of the following:
- Identity Card
- Social Number
- Organization Identification Number ID Number -> of the registrant.
- Legal Status -> Can be any of the following:
- Public Limited Company -> Requires Company ID to be filled
- Public Entity/Organisation -> Requires Company ID to be filled (this is mostly for .gov.al)
- Trading Person -> Requires Company ID to be filled
FAQ - Domain Transfer
The nameservers for the domain will remain the same during the transfer, unless you are using some FreeDNS service that is bundled with your domain. So, if you are hosting the DNS for the domain on your own or with a webhosting company, they will be transferred over and there shouldn't be any downtime for the domain. If you use your registrar's default nameservers and want to avoid downtime during transfer, we advise you to do the following:
- ensure that your domain is using a backup dns service, not related to your current registrar
- once your domain starts using the back dns service you can initiate a transfer