- Register $14
- Renew $14
- Transfer $0
- * All prices per year
Establish your presence in Albania with an Albanian Domain Name. The extension .AL is the country code domain for Albania. First registration of .AL domains was introduced in 1992. First private registrars were accredited and allowed to offer Albanian domains registration in 2013.
Whether you are in Albania or just trying to reach people in Albanian market, then .AL domain is a must! When searching online, Albanian internet users expect to see website addresses with .AL domain names. Register your .AL domain to increase your credibility in the region and rank your website higher in local search results.
You and your business are unique. You act globally and move successfully in your markets. They know your brand there – it’s your capital. Register your brand name in Albania. It is one of the best preventative measures you can take to secure your trademark and combat copyright infringement.
Easy Domain Setup No Technical Skills
Free Email Address - Forwarding
FREE Trustee Service for non-Albanians
Unlimited Sub Domains
Free 24×7/365 Support
Albania Domain Names must:
- Have minimum of 2 and a maximum of 63 characters
- Begin with a letter or a number and end with a letter or a number
- Use the English character set and may contain letters (i.e., a-z, A-Z),numbers (i.e. 0-9) and dashes (-) or a combination of these
- Neither begin with, nor end with a dash
- Not include two consecutive dashes after the first or the second character (e.g. www.al–domain.al) and
- Not include a space (e.g. www.al domain.al).
Registration of Albanian Domain is free to anyone as long as they can provide a local administrative contact. The second level domains are restricted to businesses and organizations that have local presence in Albania.
Bring your .AL Domain to iRegister
Transfer of .AL domain to iRegister is free of charge. During the transfer process your domain will be not renewed. After the transfer the domain will have the same expiry date. The transfer process requires an EPP Code, that you can retrieve from your current registrar. Contact our staff for help. They will guide you through the process and help with documents that may be required.
The following restrictions apply on .AL Domain
- Each .AL Domain must have at least the administrative contact as Albania resident
- The second-level domains: .com.al, .net.al, .org.al, edu.al are eligible to businesses and organizations that are registered in Albania
- The maximum number of domains that an individual can register is: 5
- The maximum number of domains that a company or organization can register is: 15
- The domain must be active within one year from registration, otherwise, the registry may revoke it. Active domain means one of the following:
- It has a website
- It is used for email address(es)
- Is used to operate open or closed networks (Domain Controllers)
- Is used to access remote systems or databases
- Redirect to another webpage of registrant
- It has technical usage: FTP, DNS, SSH, HTTP/HTTPS, Peer to Peer, etc…